Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grilled Herby Potatoes

Since it's been so long since I posted anything here is another recipe! This one is dedicated to a miss Chelsey Dixon, the most avid follower of this blog that I know of.

I'm going to start listing the ingredients with the best measurements I can come up with at the start of the recipe. Feel free to make substitutions/change amounts. I do it all the time.

2 regular sized potatoes
1 onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 springs oregano
3 springs thyme
Rosemary leaves equal to thyme/oregano
Butter, salt, and pepper to taste

There really isn't a whole lot to these potatoes. Slice the potatoes and onion, I usually make round or oval medallions for the potatoes and half moons for the onion. Spread these guys out on some tinfoil. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Lemon thyme also works well and you can add chives for extra greenness.


Add butter, salt, and pepper to taste then fold them up into a little packet and toss on the grill. Potatoes take forever on the grill, especially if you like them crispy. I'd leave them on for at least 30 minutes, flipping halfway.

It's like a crispy potatoey dream.


I have a neat little device for cutting up herbs...

To the untrained eye this may look like an ordinary pair of scissors. HOWEVER, turn them slightly...

Woah! It's like 5 pairs of scissors! In one pair of scissors! I used to have to go Edward Scissorhands on my herbs before I got these guys.


I actually prefer using a knife and a cutting board for large amounts of herbs though. If you aren't as skilled with a knife, or are afraid you'll cut your fingers off, these are a great way to chop herbs. They cut chives into equal pieces every time, a great garnish for any dish with onions (about 83.7%) or mashed potatoes. What couldn't use a few chives though really?

So that is how you make delicious Grilled Herby Potatoes. How here is a picture of some oil I spilled that looks like a duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment